Sunday, September 15, 2013

OWH Sketch #190

Hello- wow, has this week flown by! I just realized that I never posted the winner of my blog candy from the VCMP! The winner is Nancy Y! I contacted Nancy and have mailed the package but I forgot to post it! I was quite the blog slacker this week!

This week's OWH sketch is based on a card made by Carol L:
                      190 Sketch (Sept 15) (1)

                      190 Carol Longacre (Sept 15)

Carol makes fabulous cards- visit her blog at 
ourlittleinspirations.blogspot.com. I love her patriotic thank you card- great sentiment!



My card is a digital image by Mo Manning. The red papers are glittery- I wish it photographed better. I left the sentiment off so it can be used for any occasion this winter. Colored with- of course- Copics. I learned to color (for papercrafting) with colored pencils- and have some wonderful Derwent pencils. I am thinking I just may pull them out and give them a try again- no matter the medium- I enjoy coloring- so very relaxing!

I also made a few other cards...a couple of hero cards and some more cards made with the cutie 'meoples' - from CC Designs, I cannot resist coloring this little angel! All very simple, nothing fancy- but I am happy with my creations this week.




I hope you check out all the fun birthday activities going on over at OperationWriteHome.org   You are sure to be inspired and motivated to support this organization and our troops. This time of year the shipping costs skyrocket as we send lots of holiday cards so that our military members can send cards home to all of their friends and family...so if anyone wants to donate to help with shipping costs- let me know or go to OWH and you will see a donate tab. I know lots of  people are starting to think of holiday donations so I would be thrilled if you made a donation to OWH and our very deserving men and women who keep us safe and free!
Craft on!
Diane

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nice shout out today, and yes - I was really surprised! I'd been asked a while ago, but completely forgot all about it until I read the post today! LOL
    I love all these cards you made today - especially Those adorable eskimos in the igloo! What sweet images and beautiful papers! Well done on all of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Just make sure that glitter doesn't flake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful collection of cards! I simply love that sweet little eskimo. Great job with your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job coloring that image! I love your term "blog slacker", that made me chuckle.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards! I esp love the first...perfect use of the sketch...something about the card makes me forget it follows a sketch! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards, especially the little Eskimo , so life like, especially with his little companion!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10