Sunday, April 12, 2015

Hello, I have a few cards to share. I am a devotee of the OWH challenges and I am a bit behind.
My first card is for the monthly ODBD challenge and this month we are to make masculine cards. Cards for Fathers Day are due to OWH by the end of this month so I am in the masculine mind set.

I combined several stamps from Avery Elle's 'The Man' set to create the focal sentiment. 



I went in a feminine direction and tried out some IndigoBlu leafing flakes- oh so pretty in real life- not easy to photograh! I have 2 jars of flakes. One container is full of flakes in a variety of colors: copper, silver, blue, & green but mostly gold and the other is silver, silver and  just silver! Gorgeous!

I tried using OWH sketch #250 but I just could not find a way to put the bottom strip across my circle-- it cut off the body of the CTMH stamp of a celebrating/dancing gal in unpleasant ways no matter how I positioned it!

OWH Sketch 250


Try Stampin on Tuesday (Trystampinontuesday.blogspot.comalso posted a sketch- and oh no- that dreaded bottom strip again- LOL.  I was more successful with this strip! The silver leafing is stunning in person! Different from heat embossing-which I struggle with- especially on solid images- so the flakes make me happy! 

                                                

Thanks for stopping by,
Diane

5 comments:

  1. I love all your cards, so a great way to use the sketch. Love the black, purple colour combo. Thankyou for joining us over at Try Stampin for our Sketch Challenge. Hope to see you again Lynda DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane, first thanks for mentioned the Sugar Pea Designs. I've never heard of them and love learning about new stamp/die companies! After I finish here on your website , I'll be stopping by there next. Thanks for joining us on TSOT this week, I'm loving the metallic finishes on your card. Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super take on our sketch at Try Stampin on Tuesday Dianne. Awesome design. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the use of silver on your Try Stampin' Or Not on Tuesday sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Try Stampin' or Not on Tuesday. Hope to see you again! xx Sandi Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diane,
    Wow, I just love the glitz and glam of your card for this week's sketch challenge over at Try Stampin' On Tuesday. Love the sliver flake. Just stunning! Please, join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10