Wednesday, November 28, 2012

OWH Midweek Throw Down- winter cards

The challenge this week at OWH is to make a winter themed card for our troops to send home. I am praying for a mild winter this year...I can deal with the cold and some snow-- but I hope that we do not get any big snowstorms!  Winter scenes on cards--totally fulfills my need for the change of seasons! 


I have seen the idea to stamp on plastic or acetate to use as glass in a window on several blogs recently- so I thought I would give it a try!  

Supplies:
paper- no clue!
stamp; penguin- Mama Elephant- a new company with really sweet images!
stamp- snowflakes- Hero Arts (very old!) stamped with white Staz-on on plastic from the packaging of a recent cricut cartridge
window die- Memory Box
gems- Queen and Co
sentiment- made on my computer
foam dimensionals-Stampin' Up
ribbon- Joann



Here is a sample of the monsters I made for a 3 year old birthday celebration!  A picture of the birthday girl was glues to the belly of each monster and magnets were put on the back. (Each guest could take home a monster!) They were about 6 inches tall and I made 8 of each design.  I also made 6 larger monsters for wall decorations. They came together quickly with the Mini Monsters Cricut cartridge.

Have a great rest of the week!
Take care,
Diane

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the snowflakes on the acetate - great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cute window scene! Here in Wisconsin there's snow on the ground already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card. I need to pull out that Window die. I love it, but sometimes forget I have it. You snowman and snowflakes are all terrific. Love your B-Day magnets also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, Diane! I happen to be going to my LSS today and you've convinced me I must have a window die! Love the country feel of the ribbon, "wallpaper" and peeled paint of the window frame. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your card is gorgeous, I love the window die and the scene you've created using it!

    Your monsters are pretty cute too =)

    Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card! I love your winter scene! And your monsters are adorable. Thanks for the OWH inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10