Happy New Year and welcome to my Top 13 of 2013 as part of the OWH bloghop. You can check out all of the fun at: http://operationwritehome.org/starsandstamps
It is funny... when I reviewed my posts from 2013 there were some cards that completely slipped my mind and others made me sigh with happiness. And some- what was I thinking?!! OK- you are not going to see those here- I posted them once- that was more than enough! I loved all of the inspiration last year from OWH; the Sunday Sketches, MidWeek Throwdown, Boot Camp, the weekly tutorials, blog hops, ODBD challenges, OWH TV, visiting fellow OWH cardmakers on their blogs and Sandy's ICSE classes! Hopefully- my creativity and techniques improved over the past year! This is a honkin' long post but please make sure to read all the way to the end!
Here are my favorites from last year:
|1. A no-coloring card- the fan is from my Cricut. I like the semi-circle and the star brads.|
|2. This image was colored during one of Sandy's ICSE classes- I enjoyed those so much! I like the image and the patterned paper and the lime green with the red.|
3. Awww- a sweet Mo Manning image- I love the determination on his face and I like the stitching around the circle- just like a baseball! I got the idea from an OWHer's comment on a previous card- easy and fun!
4. A super simple card- a copic colored butterfly and a cricut frame, some velvet ribbon-and black and pink- a favorite color combo!
5. I love this handy man-- and his jeans overalls! I like the tools- made from little dies!
6. Blue and yellow- another favorite color combination- and another Mo Manning digital image- I can just imagine a younger brother looking up to his big brother--a true hero!
7. This is a step fold card- and while there is not a ton of room to write a message- I thought it was a fun card for one of our hard working troops to send home. Hero Arts stamps- fun!
8. Oh- don't you just smile when you see a Paper Smooches stamp? This little farmer guy just called to me and I had to color him! Again- blue and yellow!
9. Another blue and yellow card! This time a loving robot- from another of Sandy's ICSE classes- coloring metallic images. I love the layout, the hunky robot and the sentiment!
10. Yup-another Mo Manning image! Love these 2 pals-- and they were fun to color!
12. Finally- a My Favorite Things stamp! I think I have more MFT stamps than any other (Paper Smooches, Hero Arts and Penny Black come close behind!) I like that he can be used to send to a boy and love that he lassoed a star! Yeehaw!
13. And I think this is my all time favorite- I love the soft papers and colors- but mostly I love that I think of my lil Maggie every time I see this image (all grown up at 19- but she will always be my lil darling!)! I am happy with the coloring, the simple layout and the softness of the card.
So- what have I learned?
- I adore coloring little kids.
- Mo Manning images are so full of personality! I need more!
- Blue and yellow is a great color combination.
- I like clean and simple cards!
- I love looking at blogs and getting ideas and adding to my list of 'must have' stamps, papers and other goodies!
- And I like to share....so please leave a comment, you can follow my blog- but it is not required-- and out of all of the comments left by midnight (eastern time) 1/18/14 I will draw a winner for a gift card to Paper Smooches or to Oozak (where I get my copics)- the winner can choose either PS or O! (I won a CG to PS from a previous blog hop and I thought it was such a fun prize- I was in heaven- picking out stamps! I was very lucky in 2013 and won several blog candy prizes and loved each and everyone of them!) Make sure I have a way to contact you or check back on 1/19/14 to see if you are the winner! And why the 19th? Well, it gives you plenty of time to get to my blog along the fabulous hop- and it is an easy date for me to remember- it is my birthday! (Sorry- members of my family are not eligible to win...you all have access to my stash- you do not need anything else- lol!)