Thursday, February 20, 2014

It is a Card Sharing Day!

Hello- we had some sunshine and warmer temperatures today- a nice change for New England!

First up, the lovely ladies at Words to Scrap By have come up with a fun challenge for February: make a card that celebrates the Olympics!  http://words2scrapby.blogspot.com/
Since I send my cards to OWH, creating a winter card now is 'off' season so I tried to come up with something that reminds me of the unity of the games and could be used any time of the year. I used a Mama Elephant stamp of 2 people holding hands and used the 5 colors of the Olympic rings to stamp the little gang of people!  The sentiment is by MFT.




This week at OWH, we have a glowing challenge: 
http://operationwritehome.org/midweek-throwdown-let-your-light-shine/  The lightbulb is with the safe glitter paper by DCWV...so shiny in real life!




I had one of the cute little birdies left over from the Sunday sketch so I made another card featuring the Denami cutie!



And finally, Sandy is looking for more Hero cards. I watched a video by Dawn on making a window slider card...she gives clear directions and measurements- and I love her enthusiasm!
I thought this would be fun to make some Any Hero cards...it is easier than it looks! Go check out her video- I think you will be surprised at how quickly the card comes together!
http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/dawns_stampin_studio/2014/02/window-slider-card-video-.html

Closed- a nice sentiment and image by Paper Smooches.

Pull the ribbon and the panel slides... covering up the eagle and showing another sentiment. I added a small panel to the right so I can write a short note. I plan to write more on the back of the
card. I like interactive cards!


Oh- if you have Netflix- have you been watching House of Cards with Kevin Spacey? (no- it is not about card making--it is a political thriller- not my usual genre.)
 OMG- it is my current addiction (thanks William!)! I do not watch a ton of TV but oh my- this show is so interesting and the characters-so different and some are not nice people!  I have watched 3 episodes of the 2nd season and hope to find time to watch more over the next few days.... it sucks you right in! All episodes of the 2nd season are available now....if I watch it all right away....then I have to wait for the 3rd season!

Have a great weekend and go make some cards!
Diane



7 comments:

  1. Diane, All of these cards are fantastic, but your thought process for your first card I wish my mind worked like yours. Outstanding card and I love the gems around the bottom half circle was a great touch. Your other cards are very nice as well. Thanks for the link to the slider card. Will have to check that one out. Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. Love the gems that SHINE. I don't know about the slider cards for me. Need a double dose of patience. HOUSE OF CARDS yes please. I watched the whole first season one weekend in January and had Netflix free - now I'm addicted and have to pay for it -- well worth it. Love Kevin Spacey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous group of cards! I am amazed at how you pull off so many different styles so expertly! The tag card is amazing - sure to bring a smile to one of our heroes!! Your Olympic Challenge card is so creative - thank you fro playing along with us at Words2ScrapBy.blogspot.com!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved all of your cards! The Midweek challenge card is adorable with that shiny light bulb! I especially like the slider Any Hero Card. I'll have to check out the how-to video. I'm also going to check out House of Cards since I watch Netflix while I make my cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Diane. Wow, what an amazing group of cards! I agree with Lee Mae.... the MWT card is adorable and the slider card is way cool. But, I have to admit I'm partial to your Olympic card for the February W2SB challenge. What a great idea to stamp those pairs of figures in the Olympic colors! Thanks for the nice shout out -- and for joining us at W2SB! Go, Team USA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so nice. Your first card would fit with the MWT this week too with the sun on it. That is such a lovely thought on the card. And the lightbulb one is really lovely. The bling and the glittery (good glitter) lightbulb are perfect touches. And thanks for the link to the slider card, I may have to try this one! Great cards, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10