Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sunday Sketch and WCMD Inspirations

Hello! And a happy Sunday to you all! I had such a great time looking at the cards posted at OWH for WCMD-- but I kept taking breaks to make cards so I still have about 50 blogs left visit! I hope to visit more blogs later this evening...I get so much inspiration from seeing other creations and reading about why and how a card was made!
Today's sketch is fantastic-- look at Velda's sample card- gorgeous paper and I love the shine on her embellishments! I am actually in the process of making several cards from the sketch- all the same snowman stamp- but a few different patterned papers and ink colors. Everything is cut and stamped- I just need to assemble.

      193 Sketch (Oct 6)  193 Velda Suter (Oct 6)


My brads are silver to match some of the silver in the patterned paper- I really wish to beauty of the papers would show up better. I moved the placement of the sentiment but otherwise I stayed true to the sketch. I inked white dotted ribbon with the same memento ink I used on the snowman and the sentiment to give it a cohesive look...I love transforming white ribbon to another color!

I made 30 cards this weekend- I tried Seongsook's 1 sheet of double sided paper technique and made 8 cards from the paper! Wahoo! I saw this on somebody's blog yesterday-sorry- I did not write down who- but thank you for reminding me of this great cutting guide! I am horrible with using a whole sheet of paper- and I am even worse with saving scraps- I tend to throw too much away- just ask Kelly and Fabre! I save some scraps- not a lot- but it felt really good to use an entire sheet of pretty paper!  The picture with the penguins shows 3 of the 8  cards I made from this idea!

Here are a few of my cards... I am trying to complete my final Christmas and winter cards...I want to help out Sandy and get my cards in early but I have so many stamps and ideas that I want to keep on making cards! I wish I had this week off from work just to stay home and make cards---what fun that would be!!! (Did you see Sandy's shipper video....crazy how much work goes into unpacking, sorting, triage, packing and shipping... so I do my best to follow the guidelines- I am that kind of gal- a rule follower!)



And isn't the Santa face the best stamp ever??? I made a few cards last year with this stamp and found a bunch of stamped images in my box of Christmas papers...so I had a jump start on a few of the cards.





 I am sad about the Patriots loss today....I guess I will get over it!  Have a wonderful week and please remember our troops and their families in your prayers...and don't forget to craft on and make some cards!
Thanks for stopping by,
Diane

3 comments:

  1. Diane, I love your snowman card for this weeks sketch but I also adore every one of your other cards. You have quite the busy beaver, good for you. I wish I had all the ideas you have in your head right now. I think my ideas flew the coup this week. Hopefully I'll get some MoJo going again during the week. My MoJo always comes when I do not have the time to produce anything. Isn't that always the way. Enjoy your upcoming week. Sorry about the Pats too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh you have been busy! Those reindeer cards are adorable - but they are all fantastic, Diane. I agree, I would love to have the whole week to just craft and craft and craft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what wonderful cards! I'm so impressed by your creations. I've gotten a few seasonal cards done for Sandy and our heroes, but nothing compared to you. Great job! The snowman card is especially great, but really, they are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10