Thursday, December 26, 2013

Happy Day After Christmas

I hope everyone had a wonderful, safe and fun-filled Christmas. I certainly did!  I was able to sleep in a bit this morning and recuperate from all of the preparations and the 2 days of family gatherings! And the fun continued when 3 of my nieces came over tonight for some stamping, coloring, laughing, dancing and a little bit of chatting about my kitchen....which apparently is not used often enough! LOL! 

Today, OWH is challenging us to create cards with red and white or green and white...but remember- the Christmas deadline has passed and Valentine cards need to get to Sandy by 12/31/13- so try making general themed cards. 

I really like Paper Smooches stamps- they are so charming and sweet and super easy to color!  I had to add an Action Wobble to the totally terrific turtle- I love to see movement in a child's card! The cardstock is a dark green but it appears very, very dark here.





And speaking of Paper Smooches- did you know they are having a blog hop? Get on over and see some great cards- they are also giving away 4 great prizes- gift cards to the PS store- wahoooo! New releases will be available January 1st--that is less than a week away- but can we wait that long? Check out the inspiration and add some-or all- of the new releases to your wish list! 
  http://papersmooches.blogspot.com/

Have a wonderful weekend and craft on!
Thanks for stopping by,
Diane

6 comments:

  1. I love Paper Smooches stamps, as well. This little turtle is just adorable. And how fun to add the action wobble. I'm sure it will surely make a child smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a cute card! I love the turtle and green color, but that diagonal slash adds so much interest to your card! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turtle is a cutie! And definitely called out for an action wobble. I like the stitching you added, too, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who doesn't love Paper Smooches?! And, you've made such an adorable kiddie card. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sentiment pun to go with the adorable turtle! Very nice card and an action wobble...super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything about this card... Have to look into the action wobble for my upcoming kids winter afterschool prgm. Thx so much for the tip!
    Linda (:

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10