Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr's Birthday... and a Sketch

I recall doing a paper on MLK way back when I was in Jr High- yup- that is what we called it in the dark ages- now it is Middle school. I digress. I was so very impressed with him as a man, a leader and a kind person. I travelled to Atlanta a few years ago and went to several places honoring him...what a humbling experience!

On to my card! Another great sketch from operationwritehome.org! Hey- they have all been great and I look forward to seeing what Marlene posts each Sunday. And even more fun and inspiring- I love to see all the cards everyone posts to the challenge!

Sketch 156




I stayed pretty true to the sketch- I had to add the floss; it just seemed bare on that side. I think if I used pattern paper as my base I could have skipped the floss.

Supplies:
MFT stamps
SU word window and label punches-2 of my favorites!
brads:Colorbok
memento cocoa brown ink
copics
floss: WRMK
paper: 2 very old paper pads from DCVW from the Natural line

Enjoy your day!
Take care and craft on,
Diane


6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous take on the sketch! The floss really adds a special focal point to this great image! I love how her elbow is leaning on the letter U - such a cute pose and a great way to break up the sentiment! Well done, I really like this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Those big letters are really fun and I agree, the floss adds a neat touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Diane. Love the big letters with the image, soooo cute. The floss is perfect and so are the brads. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is fabulous! Love the big boldness of it! The ribbon on the side is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome...I love her leaning on the letters and the floss is perfect! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10