Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Monday, Easter re-cap and tall fathers!

Good morning! I had to work on Easter Sunday so I am going into work later today- and only for a few hours. Nice- this gave me a little time to create my card!

Easter was a really fun day with most of the kids home from college... we were able to skype with Cori-so that helped a little!  A kind of retro Easter for us- yummy food and the annual egg hunt but this year we added a few oldie but goodie games. The 3 legged races, sack races, and the smashing of a pinata had us all in fits of laughter! I even got in a sack but warned Maggie with bodily harm if she posts pictures on FB! Doug was amazingly agile in the sack race---declaring himself the "Master of the Sack".... ummm,you are dating my niece so I hope you mean the burlap sack master!  LOL I forgot my camera so I am counting on Maggie to share her pictures with me!

OK- on to my card for this week's sketch at OWH.
Here is the inspiration sketch:
166

I took a few liberties with this one- I rotated the main image size and I grouped the 3 embellishments into 1 sentiment. I kept the card super simple so the image- with the supporting sentiment- really stands out.


The paper is from Authentique- Curiosity 6x6 pad and the navy solid paper used for the mats is from DCWV. The stamp is from Clear and Simple- I took a copics class with them 2 years ago at CKC in Manchester, NH and I like the simplicity of their stamps. I heat embossed the little boy and his dad with black EP from my stash. The ruler and the sentiment are from Life's Little Moments chipboard layering kit- my only purchase from HSN's 24 hour scrapbook day last week. The sentiment is hard to read in the picture- "A Dad is someone to look up to not matter how TALL you've grown". Ain't that the truth!  I miss my Dad everyday and still look up to him and recall his advice on life, how to treat people, good tipping and mostly his joy and laughter! Yesterday I took great joy in thinking how proud my Dad would be of his growing family! Yup- my father is the tallest of dads!
Have a wonderful week and craft on!
Thanks for stopping by,
Diane

3 comments:

  1. WOW! What a powerful, thoughtful, and awesome card! I love the image & sentiment, along with the ruler on the side! It all works beautifully together! NJ!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the image...sentiment...and colors! Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzer Diane, this is stunning! I love the way your stamp just pops right out, and the sentiment and ruler are perfect embellishments. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10