Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday Sketch and 2 Mama Elephant Cards!

Hello,
Thanks for stopping by!
I am getting ready for an upcoming weekend retreat so I am trying to organize my supplies...nightmare... but it is fun to find things I have not used in a long time! I am trying to only bring what I will use....I always overpack and this time I am trying to keep it simple! I'll let you know how that goes...lol.

The stamps for today's cards are from Mama Elephant--- wonderful stamps! I recently received 3 sets of the new stamps and they were right on my table waiting to be used! I am pretty sure I am going to get a lot of use from these stamps!

Here is today's sketch from Operation Write Home

167

And here is my first card:
The sentiment is hard to read in my photo so I took a close up below. I used chalk ink- it gives a nice, soft feel.
 


And since I am having so much fun with the ME stamps, I decide to play along with their challenge-another sketch challenge- I love them for when I am stuck for creativity- gives me a great place to start!

 photo 03_zps280dd86f.png



I used my beloved sakura glaze on the 3 hearts to give them some shine- you can see it on the top heart. Love the stamp  of the hands and a simple yet truthful sentiment.

OK, back to sorting and sifting thru my huge mess. I am  looking forward to fun times with my gal pals.... but I will be missing a couple of friends who are not coming this time! This will be my 6th retreat organized by Lisa and Cynthia- best crops I have ever attended! Great location, lots of space, lots of laughter, very relaxing weekends- I even get some scrapping done! And the marvelous food doesn't hurt!http://www.celebratememoriescrop.com/Home.html

Have a wonderful week!
Craft on,
Diane

8 comments:

  1. Fun cards! Lucky U on the retreat! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rah-ta-ta-ta-tahhhh. Thanks for putting that song in my head now! LOL Great cards, great sentiment, and I love the pink & gray colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, all those pretty papers go so well together. Both card are terrific and the sentiments are equally nice. I hate to be the one to tell you, but I don't think "keeping it simple" and "crop" are possible in the same sentence. I'll be interested in seeing how it went for you. Enjoy your crop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those are so pretty! I always love pink and gray together and the sentiments are wonderful! And, like Carol, I now have that song in my head! :) Have a fantabulous time at your crop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin the new ME stamps, your color choices are one of my favorites. Have fun on your crop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and I love all those yummy pink and gray papers. The bling is a nice touch.

    I don't envy you packing up. I did that last month for a weekend retreat. Boy... that's hard work. :) Have a good time and thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww....I will miss you too!!!! Have an amazing time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are LOVELY! Thanks for playing along in the Mama Elephant challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10