Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Rainy Sunday, a Sketch for OWH and More Mama Elephant!

I am not going to complain about the rain..it is not snow and it is warming up!
Today we are up to sketch #218 at OWH:
                               218

Pam made our inspiration card today- stunning! (I was going to say majestic but I can use that word only for my sister's dog- Lola!)  For more of Pam's cards please go visit her blog!
 http://airbornewifestamping.blogspot.com/2014/01/american-bald-eagle-thanks-cards-with.html
                              218 sample
And here is my version:


The Midweek Throwdown for this past Wednesday was to create a card with purple and yellow. I cannot get enough of the absolutely adorable images and great sentiments from Mama Elephant!



I also figured out how to take pictures of my flip cards without them flipping open...thanks to a little washi tape (used only in the pictures taken of the front of the cards)! And who are those images made by..yup! MAMA ELEPHANT!!! 






On a very sad note, we recently lost one of our OWH cardmakers, Suzanne H. This card is made in honor of Suzanne and based on one of her cards showcased when she was a Friday Featured Cardmaker. Prayers go out to her loved ones and friends.

Did you know Sandy Allnock is teaching an on-line class-coloring backgrounds with Copic markers...it is a great class! I watched yesterday and I am hoping to have time this week to practice!  Click here to get all the details: http://sandyallnock.com/class-announcement/  

I am hoping for some sunshine this week- we need our vitamin D here in the northeast!
Take care and thanks for stopping by,
Diane

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful collection of cards! I really like the silhouette stamp and how you made the sky behind it. And your MWT card is simply adorable! I love the layered stitched border die you used. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic array of cards you given to us here today. Each one as nice as the next. Love that scene on your first card. Your second card is so cute with an ideal sentiment. So true!. All of you flip cards, are precious and your card to honor Suzanne is just beautiful. You have been very busy and there will be a lot of very happy heroes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous group of cards. I love how you used the image on the sketch challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all such great cards, and I never thought of using Washi tape to hold those folded cards closed! I LOVE your sketch card with that great silhouette image and those glittered gems look fabby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your sketch adaptation...I also used that digi on some cards! Your card for Suzanne is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy did you make a lot of cards! The flip cards are so cute, especially the dino card - too darn cute! The sketch card is wonderful. I love the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous collection of cards! I love the flip cards and the images are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10