Saturday, March 15, 2014

Playing Catch Up-Again!

Welcome! I feel like I have been running behind for much of 2014...and I  am hoping to change that! But for today- I am just going to get up to speed!

The fun ladies at Words to Scrap By have come up with another challenge this month. Make a card inspired by one of these movies:
  • There's no place like home. (The Wizard of Oz, 1939)
  • The stuff that dreams are made of. (The Maltese Falcon, 1941)
  • Here's looking at you, kid. (Casablanca, 1942)
  • May the force be with you. (Star Wars, 1977)
I adore the Wizard of Oz but decided to use a Unity Stamp (thanks Jen!) and go with Casablanca. I keep trying to think what it would sound like if Humphrey Bogart said the sentiment! I used colored Sakura Glaze pens on all of the eyeglass frames and I used clear Glaze across the lenses. A super simple card but I am liking it!

Join in on the fun by clicking here:
http://words2scrapby.blogspot.com/2014/03/w2sb-challenge-3-and-oscar-goes-to.html


The Midweek ThrowDown at OWH is a good one to encourage us to clean up our scraps! I do not save a lot of my scraps so I started with papers that were free with a UK magazine.I like the colors in the papers but this card is not going to highlighted in my 'favorite cards from 2014'!!  LOL 
 http://operationwritehome.org/midweek-throwdown-scrappy-background/



And I wanted to make some western cards for my next box to OWH so I used one of the sooo stinkin cute images by My Favorite Things. I paper pieced a lot of his outfit. The layout was not what was in my mind- but I wanted the cowboy to take center stage.,,hmmm- I feel like it needs something! I think the last time I used this stamp- I made a lassoo from jute. I think I may need to do that again!



And here are a few cards that are not for challenges and are going in my OWH box. I did use scraps for the birthday card...if the scraps are on my table and catch my eye- I use them right away. Otherwise- just more stuff to add to my overwhelming amount of supplies! And speaking of supplies....I store my stamps in clear DVD cases- and I will store 2-3 sets in one case- most of the time by the same maker. I label the spine and slide the image sheet into the DVD outer pocket....it kind of drives my friend Kelly crazy! I figure- I have limited space and if I combine a few sets...I will have room to buy more! And really- my brain can handle it...I usually can find what I want pretty quickly! Sorry Kelly!

I love the colors with the black! gorgeous! All from a pad by KaiserCraft- Violet Crush.


The Mama Elephant rabbits are quickly becoming favorites- they make me smile! And the dies are ME too and I LOVE that the edge 'stitching' is part of the die! 

Well, my girls are all coming home so I am looking forward to spending "quality time" {as Paige says} with some of my favorite people on this planet! I have so much in life to be thankful for and I know how blessed I truly am- but every time Cori, Paige and Maggie make plans to come home...my heart expands when they call or text to make sure I can spend time with them! My sister and her husband have done a damn fine job raising 4 awesome kids (Tessa is in middle school- so she does not have to 'come home' from college and the big apple!) and I am so thankful they share the girls with me! 
Thanks for stopping by and craft on!
Diane

5 comments:

  1. I don't know about life, but in card making you are not behind at all. A wonderful array of beautiful cards here, Diane. I got such a kick out of your first card, especially that sentiment. I know a few people that would be a perfect card for. I WOULD put your second card on a favorite's list. I think you did a beautiful job with this one. I really like the purple crush card and the dashing you did really popped. That cowboy is darling and looks just right as it. Your birthday card is CAS in ideal for anyone any age. The ME card is just precious. The image is darling and I really like the piercing. So glad your "girls" are coming home for a visit. My daughter is also coming home this weekend, just for a couple of days, but we'll take it. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on everything Donna said. Your nerdy card for the Words2ScrapBy challenge is excellent - love all the detail on the glasses. The cowboy card is my second favorite - great job on the coloring. Enjoy your visit with the girls and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Diane.

    You've created another great set of cards! The little cowboy is adorable -- followed closely behind by those little bunnies. :)

    But, of course, I'm partial to your Casablanca-inspired card! Love those glasses and quote!

    Thanks again for such a nice shout out -- and for joining us at W2SB for this month's Oscar-inspired challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make such beautiful cards, it is hard to choose a favorite. I love your take on Here's looking at you. The glaze for the glass is super cute pairs with that sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at Words2ScrapBy.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10